who shall mourn me?

when im dead
which shall be soon.. because i can't seem to shake the virus also known as "the case of the laziness" outta my system
who would mourn my death?
i love being morbid
but in all honesty, even if my body doesn't fail on me when i fail my masters.. i know my mind would. and eventually my hopes, my strength and my family's trust
shit
i don't understand why im born into a generation so jaded by life
whatever happened to revolutionizing our world? what ever happened to making a difference? whatever happened to the spirit of fighting for our freedom?
my pop culture lecturer beautifully labels our youth's dilemma as "a generation born to be mild"
all we need is our daily dose of tv, internet, nicotine, alcohol & fast food and we're good to go.
but really, is that all there is to it?
are we all really that comfortable with what we have that we have cease to posses any desires to rebel? are our lives that perfect that there's nothing else to change? are we all truly happy & satisfied?
so many questions, such little interest
there it is
the problem
or answer more like it
is that there is just not enough interest in the matter
we simply.. don't give a shit
we rather talk, complain, bitch about life than actually doing anything about it
we rather drink away our pains
we rather smoke-up and live in a temporary utopia
because why bother?
why argue?
when doing nothing at all is the option there given to us in a platinum platter
my generation is a generation of dreams
and imagination
and hopes
and desires
and that is all there is to it
nothing more
too caught up in our thoughts till we've lost the ability to just live

Comments

Popular Posts