can't live with em, can't live without em

i was enlightened by a friend the other day
who casually told another friend
and it seems like
i hate every men in her life..
and of course i immediately responded with the most affective line of defense i could think of; "well yeah they're all assholes!"
and yes, it took me a few seconds later to get over my brain-lag and suddenly feel like i should have bite my tongue and take back those words..because no
not all men are assholes
i happen to like men..very much
i happen to depend on men (always have my whole life) without any feeling of guilt on admitting so
i happen to be surrounded by men whole time i was growing up
i happen to worshipp a man
i happen to be in love with a man
and not in the twisted passionate romance fantasy kinda way, no my relationship with men has always been about me and that certain individual who gave a part of their life up to cater to mine..
so here's to the 5 men in my life.. i don't hate you not close, not at all. i don't know why i make stupid and insensitive comments when i know without a doubt i could have never made it this far without you..

*to my abah who gave me life, who taught me love, who showed me compassion, who boosted me with passion, who filled me with knowledge, who supported me with dreams & ambition, who kept me on ground... i love you. and although i know god's greater love for you brought us apart, i still feel you with me. i still see you with me. you will always be the one and only man who has my whole heart.

*to my abangs, who gave me love, who taught me presistence, who showed me courage, who boosted me with patience, who filled me with hope, who supported me with modesty, who kept me safe... i love you. and although lately i may seem distant from all of you, still you are all my comfort. still you are all my heroes.

*to my abdul, who gave me light, who taught me sacrifice, who showed me devotion, who boosted me with joy, who filled me with lust, who supported me with sincerity, who kept me warm... i love you. and although at times i never show how much i appreciate you i really do. i have fallen so deep. i have fallen so hard.

so here's to my friend.. i don't hate men at all. but perhaps i know why i responded and always respond the way i do to the men in your life and its because i think you deserve better.. and no matter how hard they try, to me, they will never be good enough for a person as perfect as you.
and you know this.
but when u do find your mr.right, i will love him to bits.
because whoever makes you happy
makes me happy

p/s: to my friend,
see.. im not that bitter
i just have my moments :)

Comments

Popular Posts