Happy Mother's Day

It's mother's day once again
a day to remind others of their already undying love for the woman who gave them life
a commercial advantage for gifts and the economy
another chance for me to be grateful to have felt and experiance a mother's love
a time for me to appreciate possibilities of perhaps one day becoming a mother myself

this is dedicated to the 3 women in my life, who undeniably, here and there, consciously and subconsciously has become a mother to me

mak,
i love you
for the love you give when i was born
for the love you did not take away while i was growing
for the love i still feel
for the love, even when you are gone, still remains
i often fear the thought of your memory fading with the years
i often cry not knowing if ten years from now your image will still be clear
but more then ever i often smile knowing that the women i have become today is because of you
people say im dramatic like you
people say im fickle-minded and temperamental like you
they say i smile like you
i say i am you. and there is no one in the world i want to be more like
i hope that one day i would be a mother to my child like you have been and will always be to me.
perfect.
happy mother's day mak
i love you everyday.

kekna,
i love you
for the strenght you show and the sacrifices you have made
for the trust and believe you have shown
for the time you gave so i could arrive in my own pace
for the part you took
i realise now how difficult it must have been to be a sister, a mother, a mentor and above all a friend to me
i was a horrible teenager and sometimes i still can be, regardless of the fact that i left teenage hood 5 years ago
after all that has been said and done between us,
between the fights, arguments, tears, scars, jealousy, hatred, hopes, prayers and forgiveness
the one thing you never comprimised was your love for me
my selfish heart has learned so much from you
and i will never forget the time you held me when our lives became dark
you took the responsibility of showing me our lives were over
you took the responsibility to show me ours lives can be renewed
without us realising it, you have become my ground
that little voice i know but refuse to acknowledge
i will still be difficult
i will still be stubborn
i will still hurt you in demanding for my own ways
but one thing i will never do
is replace my love for any other
you are my blood, my heart, my soul.
Happy mother's day kekna
i love you forever.

Mak Ani,
I love you
for taking me into your arms without questions
for making room for me in your home, your life and your heart
for being the coolest aunty even when i know it breaks you to see me and ka growing and rebelling against everything we could think of
for trying so hard to fill the gap and never giving-up
for being and staying even when words and actions betrayed you
for being the calmness in me when everything was in havoc
for being the maturity in me when decisions were difficult
you were the best friend mak ever had
your faithfulness to her, abah and the rest have never been challenged
your devotion to me has always been pure
the irony you bring, in your soft, humble nature
no one can see the strength you give
the hope you push
the love you offer
but it is clear to me, on this day
that the time you brought me in
i did not feel the absence of a mother
i felt the love of a woman, in all that she could ever love
Happy mother's day mak ani
i love you till the end of time

To all the mother's in the world, Happy Mother's day
no matter how screwed-up, anal, selfish, clingy a mother you are
you will always be loved
for the life, time and love you give
you will always have a place in your child's heart

Comments

  1. the most beautiful thing i've ever read nad! the most beautiful!

    i'll be first in line to get ur autograph when u publish ur materials no doubt abt tht!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts