Great expectations

how can life sometimes just fold over and get so screwed up?
i blame it on expectations.
knowing very well admitting so would label me selfish and lazy, piggy-backing on convenience. but i no longer seem to care.
as far as im concerned, expectations (on my behalf expecially) has caused me and others nothing but crap. ptuiii. pfffttt. nada. zilch.
so now i am taking a solemn vow of not ever expecting anything from others or even myself.
screw raising the bar higher to gain more
screw aiming high so i won't fall that far off
screw hope
screw everything else that has a glinter of unreliable promises.
and the bitter in me breaks out again.
why am i not surprised?
i now have faith in the now and now
everything happens for a reason.
everything that everyone else has to say or suggest can go to hell.
this is a weird-Grimm brothers-take on Carpe Diem!
Huuuhaaaaa!!

Comments

Popular Posts