Here we go..

This is very difficult for me.
Honestly, i've been trying to get back into writing for the past 6years. Im so tempted to use excuses like "oh my boys have been keeping me busy" or "i really have nothing to write about these days", but i have to admit that none of that is true. Back in Uni i used to write every single day. I would scribble on the back of receipts, write poems on my lecture notes and blog every time i couldn't sleep, questioning my academic choices at 2 in the morning. But these days, all i seem to find myself doing is scrolling up and down my Instagram explore feed, randomly questioning people's outfits and lunch meals.

Ibs would say something like "mama, stop doing WORK on your phone"!

I never correct him of course, he doesn't need to know the complex workings of an IG post or the social impact of a comment on someone else's FB status... just yet :P

The desire to write never really left, and i don't have an answer to why i never got back to it until today. There would be times when i daydream of a day when i finally BEGIN writing that book i always told my hubs i would. I'd also imagine updating my blog regularly so one day i could let my boys read it (and they'd understand that their mama has always been a bit "off" and that it wasn't because of their constant screaming, quarrelling or public nose-picking that caused it all).

So now here i am, back at my blog, cringe-reading through my old posts and i can't help but laugh (cry) at my young whiny younger self. If there was ONE thing i could say to 2006 Nadiya, it would be:  STOP BEING SO ANGRY ALL THE TIME!

I don't even remember what i was dissatisfied at in this picture, but check-out Mr. Haha-Hehe over there. I've really given up on reminding him it's boarder-line scary to be so happy all the time 😒

Fast Forward to 2017, i'd like to think i'm much less angrier and bitter than i was before. Of course, i still get really annoyed at obvious things like "budak wechat" lingos, random calls from insurance agents and Dato Seri Vida's music video but most of the times i'm pretty chill.

That's why, for the next few posts i'll be blogging about the subject i love the most: My boys!
Although, i can't promise that i won't be complaining or whining about them. So in the order of entirely up to my mood, the topics are:

#1 Do i have what it takes to be an Asian mom?
#2 It's for his own good.. and other lies i tell myself
#3 The Great battle of Ipad vs IsaidGoPlayOutside
#4 Reasons why i never want my sons to date someone like me
#5 Vegetables are meant to be yucky.. and other lame excuses we use

In an attempt to not sound like i'm exploiting my kids too much, i really do hope they can read these posts one day and laugh. or cry. or both?

I love you my Ahmads.

Comments

Popular Posts