Celebration

my aboh used to say "don't ever expect anyone to return the good deed that you've done. when u do it, you do it right, you do it straight. you do it ikhlas."

as always, when my aboh went on his little "talks" i'd drift away into my on lala landof the latest barbie dolls and my little ponies.. not realising how hard his words would come back to bite me in the arse.. and how true they would be in my life.

i regret not having listened to more of what he used to say.
but im thankful that he was way too garang for me to forget those little "talks".

to some people in my life, who has their hands in my life, hands which are always there to push, pull, hold, and let go.. you will never know how grateful i am to have found you, as no words are great enough to sum up my appreciation and no wish is worthy to draw your sacrifice for me.

Recently i was at a wedding of a friend, and he was talking about celebrating family in his thank you speech. i thought it was so simple of him, and so beautiful of him... to know, understand and acknowledge that a celebration is not just for marriage, birthdays, promotion..etc... but also for life... as the people around you (your family namely) are the ones who give you life, teach you life, show you life, and go through life with you.

To that friend,
Thank you for reminding me to celebrate my family. to celebrate life.

To family, brothers, grandparents, cousins, uncles & aunties, friends, soul mate, mak, aboh..
thank you for constantly giving. and never asking for anything in return.

"don't ever expect anyone to return the good deed that you've done. when u do it, you do it right, you do it straight. you do it ikhlas. people might not balas. but allah always balas baik to orang yang buat baik"

you're right aboh.
you've always been.

Comments

Popular Posts